The college has an excellent computerised library, richly equipped with books, valuable reference works, maps and a variety of periodicals. It is enriched every year by the addition of new books. Because of the great demand for textbooks an adequate number of them, in each subject is provided.
The library cum-reading room remains open daily from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. During the examination period, the library timings are extended. It remains open on sundays and holidays during examination. The use of library and the reading room is open to all students without any extra charge.
1. Every student should produce his / her identity card with the photograph firmly pasted to it and signed by the Principal to get a Library Card issued. The identity card must be produced on demand.
2. Books are issued strictly in order of application. It is left to the discretion of the Librarian not to issue certain books when circumstances so warrant.
3. Books are issued for the exclusive personal use by the applicant. Anyone found applying for books for another person may be denied the library facilities.
4. The college Book Bank scheme has been extended for the benefit of needy and deserving students of Degree College.
5. If a book is lost or damaged, present replacement cost (and not the price) must be paid by the reader in whose name it was issued. The replacement cost of the book will be assessed by the Librarian.
6. A book is issued for seven days at a time. However, a book may be issued for less than seven days if there is a great demand for it.
7. A fine of one rupee per book per day including Sundays and holidays will be levied on all books retained without renewal by reader beyond the due date. Repeated failure on this score may lead to the cancellation of the library card. The fine may be enhanced during examination period.
8. The Librarian reserves the right to recall any book or periodical at any time.
9. All books borrowed must be returned before claiming the refund of caution money or any other deposit.
10. Perfect silence and quiet atmosphere must be maintained in the library. Talking in and near the library premises is strictly prohibited. Teaching and group discussion are not allowed in the library.
11. Refreshments are not permitted in the Library.
12. Disregard of Library rules, indiscipline and misbehaviour will render students liable to be refused access to the Library and or any other kind of punishment.
13. Mobile phones / Lap Top / Tablets etc. are strictly prohibited in the library.